Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat Update from Freddie





Hello Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry it has been a couple weeks since my last update. It was a bit of a tough time with the first chemo treatment. As of the Monday after my first Oct. 17th chemo treatment, I was sick for about 5 days with flu symptoms and stomach pains. I also had a reaction to the chemo and had hives over my entire torso for a week. They are trying to figure out how to control this from happening again before my next November 7th chemo treatment. Nothing that I can't get through....just itchy, ugly and annoying. My hair started falling out on Wednesday, October 29th so we "attacked" and hubby Keith shaved my head on October 30th. Keith offered to shave his head too several times but I won't let him. Above arei a couple pictures of the bootcamp look. The stubbele are falling out fast but not quite in time to be a Saturday Night Live Conehead for Halloween tonight. My white blood count is way down now so with the flu season in full swing I have to avoid crowds and being around germs as much as possible for the next couple months so if you don't see me at events personally know that I am there in spirit.

Thank you again for the outpouring of love that keeps coming in and for all those that walked and supported Breast Cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness month. A couple pictures of some of my supporters below. Thanks cousins Sue and Melissa for walking for me in Miami (cousin Melissa in the picture below with sign)!
Me with a sporty look from yesterday in cap and glasses.

I will write again soon. I hope you all have a great weekend.


Love Freddie


















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are and always will be a shining light to all those that love and have so much respect for you tenacity and courage. This is one fight I'm sure is won already!Lovw you Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Praying for you daily. Hope to see or at least talk to you over thanksgiving. I'll be home for two weeks from Mexico. Love you Debbie

The Meyers Family said...

seriously freddie, I know bald men that don't look as good as you! You are truly beautiful and fighting this little booger of a disease like a champ. Lots of love and hugs to you!!!

Unknown said...

hi cousin freddie,

you have always been an inspirational role model to me. you are the most beautiful person i know, with hair or without!!! only you could make that look good.

love you,

heather

Unknown said...

hi again,

i know you said in an earlier post that you are on the candida diet and changing the way you eat, and i dont really know what that diet entails, but i read this article the other day and thought of you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26559677/?pg=1#Health_EdibleHealing

anything to help, right!?!?

heather

Shawnna said...

Freddie Rocks! Know that we are sending you a ton of love and sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Freddie & Keith,
We are thinking of you both and praying. We love you and would like to come over and pray. Let us know when. You don't need to entertain us! We just want to pray for you and kiss your cheeks.
Michele & Steve

Anonymous said...

Freddie- your strength and faith are an inspiration to us all!
Love you!
Eden

Patricia said...

You look fabulous. Miss your smile at our meetings but know your health comes first. Hang in there. Thinking of you and Keith.

Rabbit Shadow Greenhouse said...

Freddie, Freddie, Freddie... please tell me how you manage to look so fantastic after all that you've been through? I'm so happy to see your smiling face on here and wanted to let you know Jeff and I are praying for you and cheering for you. You go girl!

Love,
Emily