Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wow! I Am So Blessed By All Your Love and Support!

Last night was The Cabo San Freddie Benefit and I could not be more blessed by all my family, friends and colleagues support. Words can't truly even express how loved and the support I feel. It was an amazing event and we thank all of you for coming and those that could not attend but shared their love and support anyway. Thank you to all that helped sponsor the event! I will be contacting you each personally. Below is what I said at the Benefit to all of you wonderful friends... I truly do thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will see many of you at the Race for the Cure on Sunday (my team and others are meeting at the "F" at the registration area from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.)
...
Good Evening my Dear Family and Friends,

Forgive me if I have to read what I wrote. This is very emotional for me but know this is from my heart.

Keith and I are absolutely humbled, honored, deeply moved and somewhat embarrassed by the amazing love and support from our family and friends who have come together to help us with our fight against my Breast Cancer. From the bottom of our hearts we thank all of you for taking the time to come tonight, love on us and for your financial support in these hard economic times. God has given me the faith but you all have given me the additional courage and strength to face the journey of chemo and radiation I have in the next five months by your outpouring of love and friendship. How can I NOT beat this Cancer with all your love and support? I can and I will fight and the road will be much easier because of all your kindness.

Last summer at an annual MPI Board Retreat, our dear friend Cherie Hogue asked us all to share one of our favorite songs. I choose the Eagles “Love Will Keep Us Alive”. I had no idea that a year later that song would be even more meaningful and true in my life. I dedicated this song to my husband last summer who is my rock, my best friend and the love of my life and has been by my side every inch of the way in the last two months giving me so much of his heart and his courage when I could not find mine. I share this song with all of you tonight and thank you for your love and for being there with Keith and me on this journey.

Two months ago Keith and my world were rocked when we received the diagnosis that I did indeed have Breast Cancer. I had a lumpectomy in August and 9 lymph nodes removed when they found the cancer had spread to at least my main sentinel node. For four days we were not sure if it was throughout my entire body (it is not). Those were the scariest four days of our life… From the first day we received the cancer diagnosis though our family and friends rallied together to help us get through this with prayers, flowers, fruit baskets, beautiful cards and gifts of encouragement, great meals and financial support towards an amazingly high major medical deductible and we are truly overwhelmed and blessed by all your love.

For the past two months, Keith and my hearts have been tugged more than ever for the women and men that don’t have this love and support while battling cancer and Keith and I encourage all of you to continue to reach out to those in need of your support to help, not only financially in finding a cure for cancer, but because your love and kindness truly does make a difference.

Two years ago my mother was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. She has been in remission for the past year. Mom, you are my hero and my inspiration…so are you my cousin Dee, Dad and all my other family and friends who are cancer survivors here tonight. Thank you for your fight and helping me believe I will get through this and be that much stronger for it. I would also like to thank my sister Toddie who has spent countless hours everyday searching every link out their on my health conditions and working with me on how to fight my battle in the most healthy way possible. Thank you sister for everything you do for me on a daily basis.

Keith and I would also like to take a moment and thank the Cabo San Freddie organizers, Terri Utecht, Kristin Hutton, Danny Findley, who is looking for a new job and is an amazing catch for anyone looking for someone with his talent, Steve and Allison Kinsley, Devon Binder and the entire Kinsley and Associates office for helping to put this Benefit together and for the countless hours and love it took. Keith and I love you very much and appreciate all you have done for us. Thank you to Mile High Station for donating your venue and to all the caterers and sponsors who are great friends of ours who have donated to us and again, each and everyone of you here tonight…Thank you, thank you, thank you for your love and support and for being here tonight.

Keith and I will keep you all posted through my health blog on this journey. God bless you all and enjoy this wonderful celebration of my journey in kicking cancer’s butt.

Thank you my dear friends The Tripping Griswolds for playing for My Event! Anyone looking for a great band to play at one of your events here is their website:
http://www.trippinggriswolds.com/index2.html

.................................
I truly feel I am a survivor already with all your love! Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful success and you deserve every ounce of it. You've always been the most giving person to anyone who had a need and now those to whom you have shown heart will return it to you twofold. My love and strength of prayer continue to go your way and will see you through you next journey....May you have a great following in the Race for the Cure as well. Love that picture! Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Freddie!

Greetings and love coming to you from us in Germany! We are praying for you and so thrilled to learn of the love and support you are receiving there in Denver and for the terrific night you had with everyone. Wish we could have been there!

Love you guys so much,

Sara, Jim & Josh